About this job
Bellicum Pharmaceuticals, located in the Houston Medical Center, is a clinical stage pharmaceutical company focused on discovering and developing novel cellular immunotherapies for various forms of cancer, including both hematological and solid tumors, as well as orphan inherited blood disorders. We are dedicated to creating an exceptional work environment where we develop products that can make a difference in the quality of life for patients.
Bellicum Pharmaceuticals’ Manufacturing group is currently recruiting experienced cell therapy manufacturing personnel, at all levels, in support of its cell therapy programs. The Manufacturing Associate will perform a variety of in-house manufacturing activities for Bellicum’s existing and future T cell programs. The successful candidate will have experience in the hands-on manufacturing of cell therapy or other cell-based products. The successful candidate will work within a multi-disciplinary team to advance the controlled manufacture and analysis of product candidates to support human clinical studies.
Specific Job Duties
- Hands-on participation in the manufacture of cell therapy products (T cells) for Bellicum’s clinical studies, working in a GMP cleanroom environment and culturing T cell products.
- Trained in the operation of processing equipment commonly utilized in cell therapy or blood processing laboratories (examples COBE 2991, Miltenyi CliniMACS, and BioSafe Sepax) with routine use of these equipment during manufacturing operations.
- Execute SOP and batch record documents within Bellicum’s Quality System.
- Work with Process Development and Quality Control personnel to successfully transfer manufacturing and analytical methods techniques into clinical manufacturing, or to perform optimization and troubleshooting experiments.
- Prepare materials to be ready for all manufacturing operations within clinical manufacturing schedule.
Skills, Minimum Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or biological sciences, or equivalent experience (training in medical technology and related experience may also be considered).
- Preferred to have at least 3 years of relevant industrial/academic cell manufacturing experience.
- Experience with aseptic cell culture, cell processing equipment, and ability to learn new techniques.
- Ability to work as part of a team with a positive attitude and to prioritize task completion to meet schedules and deadlines. Willing to work nights and weekends as clinical scheduling requires.
- Excellent computer skills with experience using Microsoft Excel and Word.
We offer a competitive Total Rewards program including stock options, relocation support if required and employer supported benefit premiums. We thank you for your interest in Bellicum but please be advised that only those candidates selected to move forward will be contacted.